JOE LOUIS WALKER’S BLUES CONSPIRACY
Live On the Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise
Format : CD
Label : Stony Plain Records
Release : 28 September 2010
Joe Louis Walker has announced he will release a live album in September, his first album since winning the Blues Music Award for Album of The Year for his stellar “Between A Rock & The Blues”.
Walker will release Blues Conspiracy: Live On The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise September 28, and as the title implies the music was recorded during his appearances as part of the Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise
The spirit of blues tradition of collaboration was alive and well on the cruise as Walker was able to get some of the biggest names to join him onstage. Among those who jammed with him and feature on the record are Johnny Winter, Curtis Salgado, Nick Moss, Tommy Castro, Jason Ricci, Watermelon Slim, and Duke Robillard.
The 11-track live album features songs from Walker’s recent recordings – “Witness To The Blues” and “Between A Rock & The Blues” – and some well-chosen covers. Walker says he’s been asked for years by fans when he’d release another live record. Walker thinks Blues Conspiracy was worth the wait and hopes fans will, as well.
“I would like to thank all the great musicians involved in this project for giving their heart, soul and talent to this collaboration,” says Walker. “This was not about money, ego and so called fame. It was about the music. As you can see, these artists are a mixture of ages and styles.
The one thread running through us all is the blues. For all the fans of live music, what you hear on this CD is what the audience heard at the performances. There are no enhancements or overdubs. In other words, what you hear is what it was and what it is. What a tribute to the quality of all the wonderful musicians involved.”
01. Slow Down “GTO” (5:49) featuring Mike Finnigan
02. Ain’t That Cold (6:08) featuring Johnny Winter
03. You’re Gonna Make Me Cry (8:04) featuring Curtis Salgado & Mike Finnigan
04. Eyes Like A Cat (5:46) featuring Tommy Castro, Tom Poole, Deanna Bogart & Keith Crossan
05. Ten More Shows To Play (5:44) featuring Kirk Fletcher
06. Born In Chicago (5:53) featuring Jason Ricci, Paris Slim & Nick Moss
07. Sugar Mama (11:59) featuring Watermelon Slim
08. Tell Me Why (7:10) featuring Duke Robillard & Todd Sharpville
09. A Poor Man’s Plea (5:15) featuring Kenny Neal
10. It’s A Shame (5:25) featuring Linwood Taylor, Kevin Burton, Henry Oden & Jeff Minnieweather
11. 747 (6:33) featuring Paul Nelson, Tab Benoit & Mitch Woods
Internet : www.joelouiswalker.com