Things Happen That Way
Te bestellen via je lokale platenzaak of online via Bol.com
Legendary musician Malcolm John “Mac” Rebennack Jr – known to music fans the world over as Dr. John – packed a lot of living into his 77 years, including a six-decade run as one of the most original, distinctive, and influential voices to ever come out of New Orleans. He was in the midst of recording a new studio album and planning future projects when his life was suddenly cut short in 2019.
Now, three years after his untimely passing, in a world complicated by COVID-19, Things Happen That Way will see the light of day. The album, which features three brand new original compositions, a mesmerizing reworking of Dr. John’s 1968 classic “I Walk on Guilded Splinters, and new interpretations of songs by Willie Nelson, Cowboy Jack Clement, Hank Williams, and the Traveling Wilburys will be released on September 23.
Listen to Dr. John – Sleeping Dogs Best Left Alone (Official Audio)
Dr. John – Things Happen That Way
1. Funny How Time Slips Away
2. Ramblin’ Man
3. Gimme That Old Time Religion (feat. Willie Nelson)
4. I Walk On Guilded Splinters (feat. Lukas Nelson & Promise of The Real)
5. I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry
6. End Of The Line (feat. Aaron Neville)
7. Holy Water
8. Sleeping Dogs Best Left Alone
9. Give Myself A Good Talkin’ To
10. Guess Things Happen That Way